Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Awww

Last night I heard the most cutest thing that not only made me say "awwww", but also brought tears to my eyes.

I was talking to my family--whom I have not seen in quite a while (they live in Canada)--when one of my little sisters came on the phone; actually, I'm quite often on speakerphone so the little guys don't accidentally disconnect while talking to me. Anyhow, it was a mass confusion of talk as if we were sitting in the living room and just enjoying each other's company. I should mention that I come from a family of 11 kids ages 26 to 21 months.

It was getting late, so the kids were getting ready for bed. While I was talking to my mom, my little sisters were ready to say their prayers and go to sleep. I got to listen to my beloved sister, Ruth talk to the Lord in her own sweet way (she has Downs and although there has been much improvement in her speech, she still has trouble enunciating her words.) Then I heard movement as though they were trying to get comfortable when in fact Heyab was trying to get the youngest boy, Dawit (David in English) off of her. He was using her as his 'pillow' :) Aren't brothers the greatest?

Anyway, once that was settled and each found his own corner, Heyab broke out in her nightly singing. I couldn't quite hear the words or tune, but it was cracking me up. Apparently, she sings quite a bit; so I asked Mom if she would put the phone closer to Heyab so I could listen in. Then, surprisingly on key, she sang the first verse and chorus of "How Deep the Father's Love For Us". I was so surprised because with most three year olds I've heard sing, it's always hit and miss on words and tune. And for the most part, I only hear them sing the songs they've learned in Sunday School. I was simply amazed at my little spitfire sister. I wish I had a recording, but I know that I will always treasure the memory of her sweet voice singing one of my favorite songs.

 "How Deep the Father's Love For Us"?

How deep the Father's love for us, How vast beyond all measure!
That He should give His only Son, To make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss, The Father turns His face away;
As wounds which mar the chosen One, Bring many sons to glory.

Behold the Man upon a cross, My sin upon His shoulders--
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice, Call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there, Until it was accomplished;
His dying breath has brought me life, I know that it is finished.

I will not boast in anything: No gifts, no power, no wisdom;
But I will boast in Jesus Christ, His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward? I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart, His wounds have paid my ransom

2 comments:

Mrs. Murdock (Dustin and Andrea's Mom) said...

Awww...I will ditto! That is also my favorite song. Great memories...

Sharon Diedrich said...

Awww... Beautiful story!