Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Sunday Morning

As I walked to church this morning, I first came to notice the stillness. The peace of an early Sunday morning. The grass sparkled with dew drops in the morning light. There was a light breeze rustling through the trees over to the side of the road. I heard the birds chirping in praise to God with the crickets joining in chorus. I heard the gurgle of the creek by the railroad track and saw vibrant wild flowers in full bloom.

I saw the bunny's ears perk up at the sound of my footsteps and scurry along back to his friend where they both watched me from under the safety of a parked car. I saw bales of newly mowed hay which gave the air a summery smell. I heard the neighs of horses as they snickered to each other in fun. The lazy bark of a dog as I passed his house. I walked under the shade of towering trees, and crunched through leaves that have already fallen. I heard the chattering of a squirrel who was cross that I would dare walk under his tree!

And than, I crossed the street and saw my church.

And I was glad that today was Sunday morning.

I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord. Psalms 122:1

2 comments:

Nicole said...

REALLY enjoyed this post! We are just entering our fall push here; remember the good ole' days of making all those subs for Mr. Todd?? ;)

Unknown said...

I sure do! Those are some of my fondest memories....