Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

This past weekend was busy with the Academy's play practices for "Come As A Child" and then the actual performance on Sunday night.




My students were the Angels...I guess the Director didn't get the memo that they are anything but when awake...


We were supposed to have the Ladies Cookie Exchange on Saturday, but a Northern Blizzard took care of that. I was going to make these:


Aren't they cute? Well, they were a DISASTER to make---sooooo putsy. Mine did not turn out like that, and *un*fortunately, I didn't take any pictures...but you can take my word for it. I was going to make them with my students, but we will just stick to basic sugar cookie cut-outs! Here is the link if you want to try it and let me know how it goes. {Edible Snowmen}
I guess it didn't matter too much since we didn't have the cookie exchange, but it irked me that the Snowmen didn't turn out...I made only 3 and of those only 1 stayed put together....the others just fell apart! I used cupcake frosting from a can, and I think that was half my problem. I will try these again sometime--since I still have all the ingredients--and hopefully they will turn out second time around.

The House still needs some TLC, but yesterday, the guys moved some of the furniture into our rooms, dining room, and living room.



{These are pictures from my room; looking out into the hallway, and down the stairs}


{These pictures are of the living/dining room and kitchen; the bats are decorations the other renters left us}



{These are pictures of the outside and the porch...I forgot to mention before that the house is connected to a sports shop--guns, bows, fishing poles--this is one of the 3 businesses in town}



{All the doors and hinges have designs on them--pretty neat}

No comments: