Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Redeeming the Time

Can you believe that a month ago today was Christmas? I know, neither can I.

I have always heard of the adage, "Time flies when you're having fun!"--but really, I don't need to be having "fun" for it to fly...time just flies no matter what. Time is no respecter of persons...it just marches on, cadence unbroken. I cannot snatch back the hands of the clock; I am helpless to gain back minutes lost. Time is a valuable commodity that should be treasured, and handled with great care. All my wishing to relive moments are in vain, because I know it cannot happen; life happens and you're forced to move forward.

What then can I do? I can live each moment to the fullest now. I can make sure that my time is accounted for and is being used wisely. I can "redeem the time" and have each day count for Christ. I can use my time to create memories with friends and family. I can use my time wisely in my classroom as I help guide four impressionable hearts and minds.

Then, I can look back and say, "Wow! Can you believe..." and know that each day was lived to the fullest.

No comments: