Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Close To My Heart {The Art of Scrapbooking and Stamping}

Today I went to a Close to my Heart party. CTMH is company based out of Utah that provides supplies to scrapbook and card making lovers--of which I am not, at least not yet. There were some really cute stamps, paper, and stickers--as well as package deals to make scrapbooks "on the go". The company has also come out with an online scrapbooking feature which would be great for people who want to print out their pictures but are not into buying all the supplies and having to store it and such. Sort of like Shutterfly, or Arts Cow except with more options to be creative {at least that's what I was told; I've not used the program.}

We made a sample scrapbook page--I'll probably just put my student's class photo on the page and frame it. We also did a cute friendship card.

I like the idea of preserving memories in a cute way, but I don't know if I'll actually get around to making a whole book. I do like the idea of framing a page you've scrapbooked, so I may get into that eventually. For now, I think I'll stick to card making :) A lot easier and faster!

The only catch, at least for me, is that this company seems pretty pricey. The hostess, though, assured me that they have exceptional quality and she has never been disappointed with their products. And, being that I'm not a crafty person, I don't really know what the comparison of prices/quality is to other brands.

You can check out their website, Close to my Heart to know some more.

All in all, it was a wonderful afternoon and evening, getting to know some of the ladies from my church a little bit better...as well as crafting :) 




{Scrapbooking page we all did. Almost everyone had their own unique twist on it. Except for me, I just did it wrong and had to improvise completely!}

{The sample card we made}


{My scrapbooking friend, Liberty Belle}

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Aww, I'm jealous! I wish there were poeple here in the church who were crafty like me, so that we could get together. It looks like so much fun. It's really great to get together with church people in settings like this- you get much closer to them that way.

This is super strange. There is a little girl at church here whose name is Liberty and her last name is Bell. Pretty random, huh?