Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Feasting Friday's {Meat 'N Potatoes}

Today I had a craving for mashed potatoes, so I based my meal around that. I was looking in my Taste of Home book for a meat dish to accompany my potatoes, when I came across the recipe for "Double-Decker Burgers". That was a bit too much {I'm not much of a meat fan} so I adjusted it to suit my taste. Here's the original recipe:


Double-Decker Burgers


Marcy Schewe's man-sized sandwich looks as delectable as it tastes. "We like the flavors in the special spread," says the Danube, Minnesota field editor.

6 Servings Prep/Total Time: 25 min.

Ingredients

2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 pounds ground beef
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 teaspoons prepared mustard
4 teaspoons dill pickle relish
6 hamburger buns, split
Shredded lettuce
6 onion slices
6 tomato slices

Directions

•In a large bowl, combine the eggs, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 thin patties. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.

•In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and relish; mix well. Spoon 2 tablespoons on each burger. Return to the broiler just until cheese softens. Serve on buns with lettuce, onion and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.

My Patties

Saute 1 onion, 1/4 green pepper, 1/4 red pepper in a tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix thawed ground beef, crushed red pepper, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a slightly beaten egg. Add the onion mixture, and thoroughly mix.
Form patties {I got about 9} and fry in a frying pan until no longer pink.
I was going to add cheese, but I forgot. I will add cheese to the ones I have.

I peeled about a pound of potatoes, put them in a saucepan and covered them with water. I added 6 garlic cloves and let it all cook until very tender. I didn't have to drain any of the water because I only put enough to cover it, so when they were done cooking, I added a couple tablespoons of milk, salt, pepper, and butter. I used my new mixer {that I got for my birthday} and blended everything together. So yummy! I added baby carrots to my plate for extra nutrition.





I made these for the Valentine banquet and wanted to share the recipe with you...but I forgot my book at home and all the recipes online are sooo complicated compared to mine. Here are the pictures for now; I'll post the recipe for these tomorrow.





Have a great night!

No comments: