Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Kiddos

I am so proud of my students. Each one has come a long way--not only from the beginning of this past school year, but also from how they were last year. I see a difference in their behavior, learning, and looks. They were my guinea pigs--first in teaching K4, and this past year in K5. We learned together through trial and error.  There was frustration, as well as triumph. There were serious discussions and silly banter. Warm hugs and "I love you"s. Discipline and restitution. Tedious penmanship and cool science experiments. Days when we all were super excited to be in school...and times when we wished it was still the weekend. Lunch and recess were favorite times of the day! Inquisitive and thirsty for learning...or, dead as a doornail. The normal and unexpected. Birthdays, Christmas, valentine's day--all celebrated with sweet abandon.

I love my students. Every one of them {even though they sometimes drove me crazy :}. I feel undeserving of the trust placed in me by their parents. By the students themselves. But, I am so very thankful I got to teach them for the last two years.

Just as the 5th and 6th grade class from my student teaching days will always be in my heart, so will these precious 5 and 6 year olds I was blessed to call my students.

No comments: