Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Change of Plans

It's so crazy to think that tomorrow was my original departure date from the US.

But as a very sweet friend {whom I missed because her family was on vacation when I got to IN early} reminded me that not all things go as we plan. How true that is.

I planned on being in the Northwoods for at least five years. By which time I had hoped to have a family of my own. I had to leave a month shy of two years.

I had a plan to be a teacher and have my own class; now, I'm searching for a job.

I thought I was "out of the nest" so to speak, but presently find myself back at home.

There are many other things in which God has said to wait. And that His timetable is far different from mine. His thoughts for my life are far above my own.

Is it easy? No. I like the security of knowing what is going on. Of things laid out so I know most of the details. I don't like going into situations not knowing what is expected of me.

But, I have come to realize some things. My future is already secure because God has already planned it out. God knows the details and He will always be with me because He promises to never leave or forsake me. God's plans for my life are superior to anything I can drum up.


And so I cling to my favorite verses in the Bible:

Psalm 18:30-32
As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?
It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.


2 comments:

Nicole said...

Elsa,
This is the one thing that I think I have learned over the past 5 years. As much as we like to plan our lives God is in control. I like to cling to the verse - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.(Is.55:8-9) Trust God, Elsa...He does know best!
Praying for you,
Nicole

Unknown said...

Thanks Nicole, I appreciate it!