Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

With My Heart

Since today was basically my last chance to spend time with my kiddos for the next 10 years or so, I wanted to do something with them. I originally planned on taking them to Big Falls for a picnic, but since the temperature was going to get up into the 100's, Pastor suggested I have the picnic at Connor's Lake.

And that's what we did. The kids and I arrived at the lake around 11 and swimming was the first thing on our agenda. There was only one older couple there and so we had the place pretty much to ourselves.







After applying a liberal amount of sunblock, the gang started going in. The girls were hesitant at first, only getting their feet wet, while the boys dived in and got wet. Of course, the boys couldn't stand seeing the girls still dry, so they started splashing the girls until everyone was soaked :)

There was such a wonderful breeze off the lake--it was both refreshing and needed as it drove away all the pesky horseflies, mosquitoes, and gnats.






Once the kids had their fill of swimming, I had them towel off and head over to a picnic table by the playground so we could eat lunch. Then we spent about an hour playing on the very nice playground.








It was such a wonderful day and filled with fun and memories. The kids had a great time, and I enjoyed listening to their squeals of laughter as they splashed in the water and then ran around at the playground. A beautiful end to a school year, and a wealth of memories from the past two years.

My Dear Students,

My prayer for you children, my very own first class, is that you will keep your hearts tender and grow up to love and serve God. I hope that when I see you again, you will be just as soft to the Lord and His Word as 15,16, and 17 year olds. I hope to one day see you again as mature, godly young men and women.

As I look back at these last two years, I see how each of you have grown and matured from the three and four year olds that you were. I know that there is much for you to learn; there is much more room for improvement and growth, and I know you will.

Peanut, as you go into kindergarten, I know you will do an excellent job. Not only because your teacher will do a great job {even though she says otherwise;}, but you have more than proved yourself able to catch on by your performance on graduation night. You have moved on from just being in the classroom and not excited to learn to biting at the bit. You are eager to learn to write cursive, you are beginning to love reading--even if it is just blends and one-vowel words :). You are inquisitive and I think you will do a marvelous job next year.

Bear, Superman, and Beans--first grade will be a challenge. There will be bumps in the road--learning the ways of a new teacher, different rules, and learning new material. Don't lose your determination, your desire to learn. Find joy in each day. Don't get discouraged; don't give up. Always do your best.

And remember all of you: I'm rooting for you that you'll succeed. I'm praying for you each day that God continues to watch over you and protect you. I am proud of you and what you have accomplished--and I love you with all my heart. I will miss you so very much, but know that God will watch over all of us.

Until we meet again,
Your Teacher~ Miss Tesfamariam

No comments: