Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Celebrating Canada {Something to Sing About}

A fun, peppy song about Canada :) I wish there was some way I can show Mrs. T's slide show she put together for this song, but I'm not that technologically smart ;) I also can't seem to find just the music for this so y'all can hear it...but, hopefully the pictures I found will be some compensation.



I have walked on the strand of the Grand Banks of Newfoundland
Lazed on the ridge of the Miramichi














Seen the waves tear and roar on the stone coast of Labrador
Watched them roll back to the Great Northern Sea







Chorus:

From the Vancouver Island to the Alberta Highland












'Cross the Prairies, the lakes to Ontario's towers
From the sound of Mount Royal's chimes, up to the Maritimes
Something to sing about, this land of ours















I have welcomed the dawn from the fields of Saskatchewan
Followed the sun to the Vancouver shore















Watched it climb shiny new up the snow peaks of Caribou
Up to the clouds where the wild Rockies soar









I have heard the wild wind sing the places that I have been
Bay Bull and Red Deer and Strait of Bells Isle
Names like Grand Mere and Silverthorne
Moose Jaw and Marrowbone,
Trails of the pioneer, named with a smile







I have wandered my way to the wild wood of Hudson Bay
Treated my toes to Quebec's morning dew









Where the sweet summer breeze kissed the leaves of the maple trees
Sharing this song that I'm sharing with you.









Yes there's something to sing about, tune up a string about
Call out in chorus or quietly hum
Of a land that is still young, with a ballad that's still unsung
Telling the promise of great things to come.






Yes, there's something to sing about--this Land of ours!!


No comments: