Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Week Review

90 degrees out. Fahrenheit, of course for my American friends. It is 32 degrees Celsius, but with the humidity, it feels like 100 ! I don't know if this is usual, or unusual. My first summer in WI was unseasonably cold. I remember having to wear my sweatshirt many days! My second summer was pretty hot, I guess, but I don't remember it being unbearable. These last couple days? "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" "dashing through the snow" and making snowmen and having snowball fights. I'm reminded why the summer season is not number one on my list :)

As a side note, the kid's bedroom houses our A/C unit, but it doesn't do much for the rest of the house. We have several fans, but they seem to push the hot air around in a listless manner. Thus my eager welcoming of cooler, frosty days is explained :)

Anyway, aside from the overpowering heat, the kids and I managed to have a good week while our parents have been gone. We {or maybe I should say I} did not really have the energy or desire to go out and also I had not planned on any outings for this week so I picked up some books from the library for them to read. My siblings are avid readers, though so the books didn't take up very much of their time. I made up a schedule of chores for them to do in the mornings, and after lunch the four youngest would take a nap and the older kids got some free time. In the evenings when the weather cooled down, we would spend some time out in our backyard--at least until the bugs drove us back in.

All in all, it was a very good, very busy week {hence the sporadic blogging :( }. Stepping in and taking the role of a parent, even just for a week, was very enlightening to me and makes me realize just how much I have to learn before I have a family of my own. At the same time, I can't wait to have a family of my own :)

No comments: