Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

uh...

*Clears throat* So. The last couple months have been pretty shaky for this here ol' blog. One part was due to Internet access, another to busy-ness {that more recently}, and a big chunk to not having very much to say [no motivation]. I hope you few faithful readers forgive me for deserting ship! Thanks for being patient.

So. I'm back. I now have a more reliable Internet connection, I've settled into a routine, and I'm not sure how interesting my posts will be, but I've missed writing and posting pictures {my camera is still dead so I stole borrowed my parent's camera (they hardly ever use it--yay for me :); and I'm still saving to get a Canon (not easy to narrow down to 3 choices!)} and being on a schedule. And, well, here I am :)

I'm sure Pinterest is not new to anyone, and I really like the site. Before, my favorites bar was filled to capacity with things I thought were interesting and wanted to make/remember. Now I use Pinterest! It is really neat, and opens up lots of possibilities.

From this site, I ran across a recipe for Reece's Cheesecake Brownies. Since this weekend I needed to make desserts for church functions, I decided to try it. I must say I'm sorta disappointed in the final result, but I'll chalk it up to be my fault: I'll have to try it again using Canadian measurements in (...). I used this calculator for this post.

Ingredients:


One 19.5-oz. (552g) box chocolate fudge brownie mix
One 8-oz. (226g) package cream cheese, softened
One 14-oz. (396g) can sweetened condensed milk
½ cup creamy peanut butter
12 oz. (340g) Reese’s Pieces candy
One 12-oz. (340g) bag milk chocolate chips
3 tablespoons whipping cream
12 large Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.

2. Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions. Spread the batter in pan and set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with hand-held mixer until fluffy. Add condensed milk and peanut butter and beat until smooth. Stir in the Reese’s Pieces candies. Spoon the mixture over the batter. Spread evenly.

3. Bake for 40 minutes or until cheesecake layer is set and edges are golden brown. Cool for 30 minutes and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

4. In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and whipping cream for 1 minute, or until chips are melted. Stir until smooth. Spread over cheesecake layer. Sprinkle Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup pieces over top. Store covered in the refrigerator.


A single bite satisfies any sugar craving you might have :p


It was SO, SUPER sweet--bleh. I do want to make it again, but with my variations :) But for sure it is not very high on my list of yummy treats.

Have a great night!

No comments: