Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Moments: In Everything...Give Thanks





I was walking home from work tonight, when this verse popped in my head. And, I realized I have not been as thankful as I should be. Actually, probably not at all.

I had my birthday a couple months ago, and I realized...I'm getting old[er]. And, I think for me, this birthday really hit my singleness home. I think all girls [at least all the ones I know!] hope and dream of having a family of their own, and I'm no different [10 kids and all ;)].

You know, it's one thing to say "trust God and wait for His perfect timing" but another thing altogether to live it out. It's hard not to feel a twinge of envy when I look at my married friends and their darling children and not want that for myself.

Yet, even in my single.not.even.dating state...I have so much to be thankful for.

So, I thought maybe I could do some posts of things I'm thankful for and give a list tonight to start: "because there is always, always, always something to be thankful for" in whatever stage of life you find yourself in.

Thankful for:

1. Beautiful spring weather...no more bundling and freezing walks to work! [or falling on ice :D]
2. My sweet boss who is also one of my greatest friends.
3. Internet! A friend of a friend lets me use the family WiFi.
4. Unexpected hugs. Especially from "little" people.
5. Friends who "check up" on me.
6. Chocolate almonds [esp. after my wisdom teeth extraction-if anyone is thinking of a get well item ;)]
7. Laughter :D
8. Sunday mornings.
9. Ability to type. {Thanks Barb!!}
10. God speaking to my heart through His Word.


It sure helps to count blessings!

:D

No comments: