Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pinterest: Eclair Cake

 I made this chocolate eclair cake several months ago, but am just  now getting around to posting it on my blog. Ever since winter began--back in early September--I've not had the gumption to go to the library and use their WiFi  {Ok, so winter didn't technically start in September, but it did start on Thanksgiving Day...and the second Monday in October doesn't make it any better!} It's starting to get dark around 4/5 and that is a sign for bed...not galavanting around town!

Anyway, back to the cake :)



It was....different, but pretty good. It was light, fluffy, and a right amount of sweetness. The only thing I didn't like about this cake was the crust. It didn't fit the amount of filling and was--for me--unbalanced. Normally, when you think of an eclair, the filling is pretty much encased by the pastry and the amount of filling to pastry is balanced. I love the idea of this cake and it was good. I will just have to re-work the crust to fit my tastes if I do make it again :) Or, maybe change up the pan size...

All in all...a Pinterest food success :) Here's the link if you want to try it out yourself: www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2009/06/chocolate-eclair-cake.html

Have a great night!



No comments: