Pages

Friday, March 4, 2011

Feasting Friday's {Spicy No Crust Quiche}

The original recipe for this dish I got from Richella at Imparting Grace. I had a pound of sausage that I didn't know just how to use. At lunch on Tuesday, I was asking the other ladies when one said to pair it with eggs; then I read about Crustless Quiche! I also decided to make taco meat for the week and rather than cook them separately, I cooked the sausage and ground beef together. I was a bit apprehensive that it would be a flop, but both dishes were surprisingly good.

This, by the way, is the first time I've made quiche as well as eating it!




Ingredients:
10 whole eggs
1 cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1 cup milk 
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder
crushed red pepper
1 lb.Jimmy Dean Hot sausage
1 lb. ground beef

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook sausage and beef together. I added about 2 tablespoons of the red pepper, and about 1 tablespoon of garlic powder because I like to drown the taste of the meat {I really don't like to eat meat, and I'm more of a chicken fan :}. Drain fat. I then took out about half of the mixture to use in the quiche and left the rest in the pot. To which I added 1 packet of taco seasoning and made as directed.

Beat eggs. Put the baking powder in a small bowl and add just a little bit of milk to make a paste. Once it is a paste consistency, slowly add the rest of the milk--stirring all the while {This will keep the baking powder from being lumpy.} Pour in with the eggs and add the cheese. Mix well. Stir in meat. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out fairly clean.

No comments: