Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Born To Die

Not a palace for the little King, Nor a pillow for His bed; Not a scepter for His royal hand, Nor a crown adorns His head. Born in a manger long ago, How could the Savior love me so? He left His throne for Calvary, He came to earth for me.
Ron Hamilton


Yes, death is a natural occurrence in life: Everyone will come to the end of their life at some point.

During the Christmas season, we remember the birth of Christ. His story is found in the Gospels and is preceded by many prophets who foretold His birth. He who had no beginning and has no end, came to earth in the form of a Baby. The King of the universe deigned to be born in a stable to a humble Mother and step-Father. He had one purpose: He was born so that I might live. He was born to grow up and walk the Road of Life so that I might know He understands EVERYTHING I go through. He was born so that He could be jeered and scoffed; spat upon and mis-treated; He went to the Cross where He hung and died so that I might have eternal life. He came because He loved me so. And, He came for you--because He loves you too.

Mr. Ron Hamilton expresses it well when he penned these words:

Born To Die

On the night Christ was born,
Just before break of morn,
As the stars in the sky were fading,
O'er the place where He lay, 
Fell a shadow cold and gray
Of a cross that would humble a King.

Jesus knew when he came
He would suffer in shame;
He could feel every pain and sorrow.
But He left Paradise,
With His blood He paid the price--
My redemption to Jesus I owe.

From his throne Jesus came,
Laid aside Heaven's fame
In exchange for the cross of Calv'ry;
For my gain suffered loss,
For my sin He bore the cross--
He was wounded and I was set free.

Dearest Lord, evermore
May Thy cross I adore
As I follow the path to Calv'ry;
Of Thy death I partake,
My ambition I forsake--
All my will I surrender to Thee.

{Chorus}

Born to die upon Calvary,
Jesus suffered my sin to forgive;
Born to die upon Calvary,
He was wounded that I might live.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there anymore information you can give on this subject. It answers a lot of my questions but there is still more info I need. I will drop you an email if I can find it. Never mind I will just use the contact form. Hopefully you can help me further.

- Robson