Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday Treats: Fluffy Cheesecake {Kraft-Cheesecakes & More}

Whenever I want to make a super yummy and simple dessert, cheesecake never fails. Specifically, one that doesn't have to be baked. Like my Creamy, Dreamy Oreo Dessert. From start to finish, it takes me about 15 minutes to put this dessert together. Even shorter if one uses cool whip instead of whipping cream...which I don't suggest, because it won't taste as good :)



This past Sunday, I made Fluffy cheesecake out of my Kraft book. It's a 3-1 type of thing, with recipes including the Jello brand, Cool Whip, Philadelphia cream cheese, and Baker's chocolate. This recipe I pulled from the cheesecake section. Normally, I make this recipe off the top of my head; I don't use a recipe. However, for the purpose of this post, I decided to {kinda} follow this one!



It is creamy and light with just the right amount of texture with the graham crust. I served mine with cherry pie filling, but you can top your cheesecake with whatever you want :D



Fluffy Cheesecake
Philidelphia Cheesecakes and More
Kraft
{Original recipe as written, but I always double my recipe}

1 pkg (8oz) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 tub (8oz) Cool Whip topping, thawed {I use 2+1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped}
1 Honey Maid graham pie crust
Topping of choice

*If you only have one mixer, ie a stand or hand-held, you should whip your cream first so that you don't need to wash your bowl, but can just use it for the
cream cheese mixture. Unless you love doing dishes--then, by all means, make as many dirty bowls as you wish :D*

1. With your mixer, whip your cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.

2. Beat the cream cheese and sugar together until well blended. Gently fold in your whipped cream.

3. Spoon into crust and top with topping of choice. {For fresh fruit, I would wait until just before serving to put it on.}

4. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.

5. I always make these into squares, so for this, you omit the pie crust. Mix 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and 1/3 cup of melted butter. Press onto the bottom of and 8 inch square pan. Continue as directed.

6. Enjoy!


No comments: