Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thursday Treats: Raspberry Muffins {Flour} + Homemade Butter!

Today, I have the perfect summer muffin for you. These raspberry muffins are just bursting with flavour and they are pretty quick to put together! I love raspberries, and when a friend of mine was lamenting her problem of lots of raspberries, but no recipe, I turned to one of my favourite cookbooks ever: Flour! I'm sure giving her a batch of these babies will earn me some raspberries from her bushes. Score. :D





Joanne always comes through for me with the most delicious recipes. I just love her stuff! {A friend of mine got me Flour, too for my birthday and I've been eyeing some yummy looking recipes in there for a while now--will have to throw a party :D}



Hope you enjoy this recipe...and the last of summer! The days are already getting shorter, and my walk to work in the morning a lot darker! Plus it's getting a lot cooler...global warming anyone?? I kid, I kid :D





Raspberry Muffins
Flour
Joanne Chang

3+1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
4 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
1+1/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup milk, at room temperature
1 cup creme fraiche {I just use sour cream}, at room temperature
2 tsps vanilla
2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries

1. Heat the oven to 350. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners [I ended up making 21 muffins].

2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg yolk until thoroughly mixed. Slowly whisk in the sugar, butter, milk, creme fraiche, and vanilla until well combined.

4. Pour the butter-sugar mixture into the flour mixture and, using a rubber spatula, fold gently just until the ingredients are combined.

5. Gently fold in the raspberries until evenly distributed. The batter may seem lumpy, but don't try to smooth it out.

6. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing it evenly and filling the cups to the rim [almost overflowing].

7. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the muffins are golden brown on top and spring back when pressed in the fiddle with a fingertip. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, and then remove the muffins from the pan.

And, totally unrelated to raspberry muffins, I made some butter today! It was so, so neat :D


*Sorry for the long absence. I lost my internet connection {sharing with the neighbour upstairs} and was too spoiled to go to the library after having the world at my fingertips from the comforts of my own home :P Things should be back to normal now!*

No comments: