To kick the week off, I have Wilton's Sugar Cookies. This is a recipe I got off the back of a Wilton cookie cutter package. I first made them for Russell's baby shower using the train cookie cutter to go with this "Train" theme.
I loved the texture and flavour of these cookies. Best of all--no chilling required!
I think they are quite pretty! And, they taste very good.
Wilton Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsps baking powder
3 cups flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. In a separate, small bowl, mix the baking powder and flour. Combine this, one cup at a time, with your butter mixture.
4. Divide dough into 2 discs. On a floured surface, roll each disc in a circle approximately 12" in diameter and 1/8" thick. [I make mine a little thicker--1/4 in thick.]
5. Cut into shapes of choice and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
5. Remove from sheet and place on cooling rack. Once cookies have cooled--decorate how you want to!
6. Enjoy and have fun!