Pages

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thursday Treats: Mini Hand Pies {A Pinterest Idea}

My friends were up visiting from Victoria, so the past few days have been filled with catching up, eating, and get togethers. I've enjoyed their visit immensely! Tosh and I had plans to bake up a Mile High Chocolate Cheesecake, but didn't get around to it. She did make a spice cake and a caramel sauce for church potluck, and I made my Creamy, Dreamy Oreo Dessert for Saturday supper.



Anyway, today's post is sorta cheating because Sarah, Theresa, and I made these back in August for a friend's wedding, and it's more assembly than using an actual recipe. It's so easy, your 6 year old could make them! You've probably seen the idea floating around Pinterest :D You're more than welcome to make your own pie crust and filling, though! This post [minus the pie pop at the end] also kicks off my "No Chocolate for the Month of May" challenge!


Mini Hand Pies
1 box ready made pie crust {I used Pillsbury}
1 can cherry pie filling
1 can blueberry filling
1-2 eggs, beaten for egg wash

1. On a lightly floured surface, unroll the pie dough.

2. Using a biscuit/round cookie cutter, make as many circles as you can. On half, make a hole in the center using plastic straws. {Wonderful idea by Sarah!}

3. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of filling on circles without the holes, and then top it with a circle that has a hole.

4. Crimp the edges using a fork, and brush tops with the egg wash.

5. Bake at 325 for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.

6. Cool and enjoy!


This one I filled with chocolate and mini marshmallows. Pretty yummy!


No comments: