Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Don't Touch

Is respecting people's property really a hard thing? Is it too much to ask that you ask before taking something that doesn't belong to you? Is the requirement to check first--before doing whatever it is you want to...with my property?

I love sharing and giving of what I have. And, in most cases, I'm fine with a note being left if I'm not there to be asked. Case in point: college years. Having two to three people in a room, you pretty much treat each other like sisters once the ice is broken. But the rule was, you asked before you took, or left a note if you had an emergency and the would-be lender is not there. And if you were in too much of a hurry, you got someone else to tell the lender, or the borrower told them as soon as possible. In the four years I was at college, I only had one incident that went against the "borrower-lender" policy.

Also, if you are using something that is not yours, TAKE CARE OF IT! That is just plain common sense! You want your things treated with utmost respect and care, so do the same for others. Follow the Golden Rule. It will save much headache and annoyance.

As a rule, I love helping people out; if I have it and you need it--by all means, you are more than welcome to it. I'm not ranting talking about being selfish and hoarding all your things. What's the point if you never give...Ebeneezer Scrooge.  What I do want to stress is respecting people's property. And if you were not raised to respect others and what is theirs, then please learn now! I will thank you for it, and the lenders will thank you too.

Alright...I'm done now. I had to get it out of my system.

Hope everyone is resting easy! Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: