Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Feasting Friday's {Waffles}

I have learned two things since taking on the new goal of doing a recipe a week. When I first had the grand idea of trying out a recipe each week, I thought it would be so simple. It's not. I do have tons of recipes I want to try, but I have found out that one dish can last me through several meals. And so, I don't need to cook as much as I used to. I think my goal was too lofty and I may have to revamp it. We'll see.

Secondly, I'm in awe of people whose food pictures look good enough to eat. I have a long ways to go!

Anyway, I was watching the M kids late afternoon/evening, and they chose waffles for supper.






In a mixer, beat 3 eggs, 1/4 cup of sugar, 3 cups of milk, 1 stick of butter {melted & cooled} and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.



To wet mixture, add 3 and 1/2 cups of flour, 3 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix.


Using a 1/4 cup measurement, pour batter into waffle pan; when green light is on, the waffles are done!


Pour syrup on top--and eat!

Oh, yes, Baby Boo had her own meal...



Cereal and carrots. Yuck.


Apparently, she thought it was delicious :)


Waffles

3 eggs
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 c milk
1 stick of butter {melted & cooled}
31/2 c flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Beat together eggs, sugar, vanilla, milk, and butter in a bowl. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Using a 1/4 cup measurement, pour batter into a pre-heated waffle grill. Remove when green light comes on. Serve warm with syrup, honey, fruit, or powdered sugar.
Enjoy!

No comments: