Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Moments {Anticipation}

Anticipation. A feeling of great expectation. A looking forward to of great events. A building excitement about what is in store. But, with the excitement there's also a tinge of fear, or uncertainty.

We all remember excitement over holidays, such as Christmas, whenever we look back through the years. There is great anticipation over a precious baby that is to be born. Brides are delirious with happiness as they count down the days when they pledge their life to the one they love. There's tons of things that you and I anticipate--it could be as little as your Mom's Apple Pie, warm and fresh from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream--when you go for a visit, to the arrival of a friend or loved one. Or doing things with your family, or just having some quiet time by yourself. There's no end of things to anticipate.

I was always excited for the school year to begin....and the count the days till the end. I looked forward to Family Camp--a place of commadarie and fun with Christian families coming together from different places and churches. I loved working in the kitchen and the memories that were made each year.

I did not anticipate going to college until the night before I had to leave and I started my packing. Then excitement came by leaps and bounds! Probably because it was finally sinking in that I was going to leave.

Graduation brought some fear, but also mounting excitement that I had accomplished four years of learning.

Moving to the Great North and having a job of teaching Kindergartners--that was daunting, but again I had great excitement.

As I think about going back to Canada, I do wonder what God has for me. What His plans are for the next chapter of my life. But you know what? I'm anticipating great things, because if anything, I want my life to be controlled by God. To say I'm nervous at what's ahead would be a great understatement, but as I heard all four years of my college life, "The safest place to be is in the center of God's will." The song from yesterday? That is my prayer.

No comments: